Why Choose College SA
At College SA, you can:
- study at a private distance learning college, registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and accredited with a number of regulatory bodies
- choose from a wide variety of accredited and provider courses
- further your education, even if you don’t have a Matric certificate
- register for our courses all year round
- study from home (we are a distance learning college)
- receive student support from our Educational Planners
- make use of our flexible payment options
Study at a private distance learning college
College SA is accredited by a number of regulatory bodies. What does this mean? It means that when you study an accredited course with us, you will receive a highly-recognised qualification that can boost your career prospects.
We are accredited and registered with the following bodies:
- Umalusi – National Certificates in Engineering Studies N1 - N3
- ICB – National Qualifications (NQF Level 4-6)
- SABPP – National Diploma in Human Resource Management and Practices (NQF Level 5)
- CIMA – CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
We are also provisionally registered as a Private Further Education and Training institution with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and affiliated to the Association of Private Providers of Education Training and Development (APPETD).
Choose from a wide variety of courses (accredited courses, provider courses & workplace skills short courses)
We offer a wide variety of accredited and provider courses. Our accredited courses include bookkeeping and accounting, business and management, computer and technical courses.
Why study an accredited course?
- Recognised qualifications
- Higher earning potential
- Higher demand for professional qualified individuals
- You could get an exemption with other institutions
Our non-accredited courses, also known as provider programmes, include business and management, beauty therapy, child day care, computers, graphic design, events management, hospitality and tourism, interior design, occupational health and safety, and secretarial courses.
Why study a provider course?
- Provider or Non-accredited courses are more affordable
- There are no exams (only assignments)
- Course duration is much shorter
- You can up your skills with a short course
- Employers still value non-accredited certifications
- You can try something new without having to pay for a full qualification
We also offer an array of short workplace skills courses, which can improve your skills and productivity in a workplace environment. These course are short in duration (2 months) and can equip you with a new skills set in a short period of time.
Further your studies without a Matric
At College SA we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to further their education, including those without a Matric certificate.
Our provider programmes require you to only have a grade 10, be at least 16 years of age and able to read and write English. This means that even if you don’t have a Matric certificate, you can still further your education and get a decent job.
Our course registration is open all year round
No need to worry about registration dates. Our course registration (for all our courses) is open all year round. What are you waiting for? Register right now.
You can study from home
All our courses at College SA are offered via distance learning. This means that:
- You can study in the comfort of your own home.
- You will save money on travelling costs. No classes to attend.
- You can work a full-time job and study part-time.
- You can study at your own pace.
- Your study material will be delivered to your address via courier service.
Support from our Educational Planners
Our Educational Planners are 100 percent committed to their students. When you enrol for a course, they will make sure that the course you want to study suits your budget, educational level and will help you achieve your career goals. They will also assist you with the entire registration process (making sure all your paperwork is filled out and submitted).
Lastly, and most importantly, our Educational Planners will be with you every step of the way. Whenever you need help with your studies, they will be an email or phone call away. They will help you successfully complete your studies and achieve your educational dreams.
Flexible payment options
We realise that furthering your education can be quite expensive. At College SA we offer you three (3) different payment options to suit your financial needs:
Make a full once-off payment for your chosen course. With this option, you have the opportunity to request all your study material upfront.
*Exam and international titles are updated on a yearly basis. If any of the study material changes during the course of your studies, College SA will not be held liable for providing you with the latest materials.
This is the most popular payment option and it is interest-free. Instalments are structured according to the length of the course. To start your studies, you are required to pay a R950 (non-refundable) activation fee and the first month’s instalment. Study material is couriered to you per subject, and as you complete and submit assessments, you request the next set of study material to be sent.
*You are required to settle the full course fee before receiving your certification.
Pay per subject
With this option you can enrol for one subject at a time. This allows you to see if the mode of delivery suits your needs, without any contractual obligations. To start your studies, you are required to pay a R950 (non-refundable) activation fee, as well as the cost of the first subject. We will courier the subject’s study material to you.