Complete the form below to receive our brochure with detailed pricing. We will also phone you as soon as possible to chat about your education.
Please note that at College SA we do not offer face to face classes at all. We do not have a campus that you attend. You study from home and we courier your material to you. We provide email and phone support to our students.
What will you learn in this English Home Language course?
The English Home Language subject focuses on equipping students with listening, speaking, reading and writing skills that are used in everyday social conditions as well as cognitive academic skills for learning in English.
The subject will equip you with literary, aesthetic and imaginative skills that will give you the capability to recreate, imagine and empower your understanding of the world you live in. Once completed, you will have the ability to express your feelings and ideas and interact with others in the English mother tongue.
Textbook costs included!
Textbooks can be extremely expensive and some institutions do not include it in the course fee. Not at College SA! Our study material and textbooks are included in the total course price, so you do not have to worry about sourcing your own textbooks. We will send you all the necessary study material to complete this course.
Course Cost and Duration
At College SA we offer you the following ways in which you can pay for your studies:
- STUDY DURATION (10 MONTHS)
- STUDY MATERIAL COURIERED TO YOU
- MONTHLY DEBIT ORDER
Total Price*A once-off R600 activation fee applies if you pay by debit order
What is included in the course fees?
- Study material
- Courier fee
- Access to online course content
Course Starting Dates
With College SA, you can start studying whenever you want: there are no specific course starting dates since we offer distance learning. Please speak to our Educational Planners about your enrolment and study options.
Exam registration dates:
Registration for the 2021 Senior Certificate Examination will open in October 2020. Please visit the Department of Basic Education website to view a list of district offices in your area.
- Exam registration opens in October 2020
- Online registration opens in October 2020
- Exam registrations close in January 2021
- Exam registration fees are NOT included in the course price
- You may register for any number of subjects per exam sitting
- You can complete all your subjects in a single sitting or over a period
- The exams are set by the Department of Education
- Exams are written only once a year
- Registration for exams can be done at the Department of Education Examination Centres (Community Centres/Schools)
The Amended Senior Certificate Examinations take place in June/July every year. If you meet the qualifying criteria and wish to take the examinations and obtain your certificate, you must register for the examinations no later than January 2021, to take the examinations in June/July 2021.
Learners wishing to write these exams can register at any provincial education office, which includes the provincial head office, district offices and circuit offices.
To achieve an Amended Senior Certificate, you must meet the following requirements in the exams:
- Pass three subjects at 40%, one of which must be an official language at Home Language level.
- Pass two subjects at 30%, one of which must be an official language at First Additional or Home Language level.
- Get a subminimum of 20% on the sixth subject.
Students who have previously passed their Senior Certificate subjects at Higher and Standard Grade levels, can receive credits for those subjects.
- A Higher-Grade pass is set at 40%
- A Standard Grade pass is set at 33.3%
Accreditation InfoStatus: Certificated by Umalusi Type & reward: Amended Senior Certificate - NQF Level 4 (SAQA ID 49647)
Provided by: Umalusi
Minimum credits: 130
The Amended Senior Certificate Examinations are governed by the Department of Basic Education and the Certificate is awarded by Umalusi. This means that once you have successfully completed your examination, your certificate will be issued by Umalusi and not College SA. Umalusi accredits private providers of education and training, as well as private assessment bodies, to offer tuition and/or assessment for qualification(s) on the General and Further Education and Training Qualification Framework (GFETQSF).
- You must be older than 21
- GETC Certificate OR Grade 9 / Standard 7 School Certificate (not recommended)
- Recognised NQF 1 qualification with 2 official languages
- Incomplete National Senior Certificate
- RSA Identification document OR Valid Passport and Study Permit