Complete the form below and we will email you a brochure with detailed pricing.
One of our Education Planners will also phone you as soon as possible
From R810.00 per month
Number of courses: 2
Study a CompTIA A+ or Network+ course and obtain a well-known IT industry certification. Enrol today and become a trained IT technician.
From R1050.00 per month
Number of courses: 4
Become a Microsoft-certified IT professional; Fundamentals of Databases, Networks, Security; Development or Server Administration.
From R740.00 per month
Number of courses: 9
Enrol for one of our Microsoft Office Specialist courses and equip yourself with the skills necessary to take full advantage of Microsoft Office features.
by College SA
From R840.00 per month
Number of courses: 2
Own your own business? A Pastel course will help you with basic bookkeeping: keep track of the financial success of your business.
by College SA
From R1560.00 per month
Number of courses: 6
Enrol for one of our Adobe Creative Cloud courses and equip yourself with the knowledge and skill to become a professional graphic designer.
Why should I study a College SA Computer Course?
Computer technology is a big part of our daily lives, and knowing how to use it, has become a necessity. Computer studies cover a wide field and include IT courses that show you how to use computers for personal or professional purposes.
These courses can range from basic computer courses, like Digital Literacy, to more advanced and specialised IT courses, like Microsoft Certified Solutions. It also includes design programmes, like Adobe Creative Cloud, and accounting programmes, like Pastel Partner.
What is an Accredited Computer Course?
An accredited computer course means that is certified by CompTIA and Microsoft, two of the world’s leading information technology organisations. There is a large variety of jobs available in the IT field; ranging from entry-level IT support to advance IT technology developers.
- The employment rate for IT professionals is predicted to increase by 12% between 2014 and 2024.
- IT skills are in demand and therefore skilled IT professionals can expect to earn good salaries.
- IT professionals report high job satisfaction.
- There is a variety of career opportunities within the IT industry and it is expanding.
What does an IT Professional do?
IT Professionals work with a range of computer technologies and have varying functions depending on their interests:
- The A+ course is an entry-level IT course, and introduces you to the fundamentals of information technology.
- The CompTIA Network+ IT course focuses on managing and maintaining information technology networks.
- The Microsoft MTA courses are introductory courses for students who are new to information technology. These courses cover software and application development, networks, servers, security and databases.
What is a Non-Accredited Computer Course?
Non-accredited computer courses are not certified by another organisation, but they can still give you essential computer skills to use in your personal or professional life.
What are the Adobe Courses and what is Graphic Design?
If you are interested in entering the graphic design field, it would be highly beneficial to study an Adobe Creative Cloud course. Although our Adobe CC courses don’t currently carry accreditation, you can still register for external Adobe exams after completing the coursework. Getting an Adobe certification will look great on your CV, and also show your employer that you are proficient in the software.
Adobe CC computer courses:
- Photoshop - for photo editing
- Illustrator – for creating logos and other designs
- InDesign - for publishing, brochures, pamphlets and more
- Dreamweaver - for creating websites
- Acrobat – for creating and opening PDF files
- Flash - for digital animation
What is Microsoft Office?
Microsoft Office is used on most computers and in most businesses. These courses cover creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, setting up a database, as well as your email and calendar system. The Microsoft Office courses cover the following programmes:
- Word – This is a word processing programme, and helps you create and format documents.
- Excel – This programme assists you with organising data in a spreadsheet format.
- PowerPoint – PowerPoint allows you to create and present presentations.
- Access – Access is perfect for setting up and maintaining a database.
- Outlook – Outlook is your email programme, it helps you set and remember meetings, as well as important tasks.
What is Pastel?
If you work in a finance department, or you are a small business owner, you may want to learn how to use Pastel for bookkeeping and payroll purposes.
Pastel helps you with:
- Managing debtors/creditors
- Creating financial statements
- Other deductions and so much more
Where can I study a Computer Course?
College SA offers computer courses that are both accredited and non-accredited. We are also a training provider for CompTIA and Microsoft, which means we are allowed to offer their internationally-recognised certifications.
Want to study to become CompTIA-certified?
The CompTIA certifications are the gateway to your IT career. We offer two CompTIA qualifications namely, A+ and Network +. Each of these courses covers topics stipulated by CompTIA and include: setting up computers and software, connecting networks, and managing and maintaining networks. Each of these courses spans over 12 months, after which you will be ready for a computerised assessment.
Want to study to become Microsoft-certified?
Each of the Microsoft pathways requires that you have some experience in the IT field, or that you’ve completed at least one of the Microsoft MTA courses.
Want to become an Adobe expert?
The Adobe Creative Cloud suite allows you to create professional web designs, logos, edit photos and create brochures or other designs for both print and web. These programmes are especially suited to graphic designers, web designers, and digital photographers. Each of College SA’s Adobe courses covers two modules and span over a period of four months.
Want to become a Microsoft Office expert?
Microsoft Office is widely used for business, study and personal purposes. It’s therefore important that you have at least a basic understanding of the Microsoft programmes. The Microsoft Office suite includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
Each Microsoft Proficiency Certificate spans over three months and covers basic features. The Word and Excel Expert Certificates cover both the basic and advanced features of each programme over a period of six months.
Want to study a Pastel course?
The Pastel accounting programme is used in both small and large businesses. These courses are beneficial to anyone who owns a business or works in the accounts department. Pastel Payroll is a 6-month course that covers topics like VAT, payroll, PAYE and e-filing. Pastel V18 covers debtor/creditors, financial statements and allows you to keep an inventory of your assets.