Complete the form below and we will email you a brochure with detailed pricing.
One of our Education Planners will also phone you as soon as possible
What will you learn in this Microsoft Office Specialist in PowerPoint 2016: Core course?
This certification ensures that you have the necessary skills to get the best introduction to Microsoft Office by earning a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification in a specific Microsoft Office programme. In other words, the MOS certificate lets you focus on one programme at a time, like Word or Excel, and get a solid foundation so that you are not only upskilling yourself, but also able to demonstrate your skills in the workplace.
PowerPoint skills are useful for creating slideshows and presentations. Learn how to create stunning presentations, complete with formatted text, illustrations, charts, shapes, audio and video. You will also learn how to use transitions and animations and create self-running presentations, and speaker or meeting notes.
In this module, you will gain a fundamental understanding of the PowerPoint environment and demonstrate the correct application of PowerPoint 2016. You will be able to create, edit and enhance presentations and slide shows.
Course Cost and Duration
At College SA we offer you the following ways in which you can pay for your studies:
- STUDY DURATION (2 MONTHS)
- THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE
- MONTHLY DEBIT ORDER
Total Price*A once-off R950.00 activation fee applies if you pay by debit order
What is included in the course fees?
Please, be aware that all course materials are only offered online. In other words, you will not be receiving any hard copies of the books and will need to access all the required content through your online classroom.
You will gain access to an online classroom where you’ll be able to find the following course content:
- A digital textbook (PDF) focused on all the content you’ll need to pass the exam successfully
- Learning objectives and MOS skills covered in each lesson
- Key terms in a glossary for each lesson
- A summary of what you will learn, as well as the important points for you to focus on
- Practice files to go with the step-by-step exercises in your textbook
- A PDF summary of everything you’ve covered in the textbook
- A study guide and exercise files to help you with your exam prep
PLEASE NOTE: For Microsoft Outlook 2016, you will only receive a study guide and exercise files to help you with your exam prep.
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 2 GB RAM
- 3.0 GB available disk space
- 1280 x 800 screen resolution
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 10 Server, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2. For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system
- The current or immediately previous version of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge .NET 3.5 required. Some features may require .NET 4.0 or 4.5 CLR also to be installed
You will need to have access to the following pieces of software depending on the pathway you’re following:
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft Office 365 (The programmes in this Suite are the same as Microsoft Office 2016, but they may be updated more regularly and, therefore, have some differences.)
- A PDF reader:
- PC/Mac – Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader are good examples
- iPhone – Reader or Adobe Reader
- Android – Xodo, Moon+ Reader, Adobe Reader, or Foxit
- An image viewer – most devices will come with a built-in image viewer
Course Start Dates
With College SA you can start studying whenever you want, there are no specific course start dates since we offer distance learning. Please speak to our Educational Planners about your enrolment and study options.
To pass this course, you must write and pass Exam 77-729: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016 Core.
All assessments are computer-based and, therefore, done online. You are required to find a venue (assessment information below), book an exam appointment, and pay for your online assessment. You will be required to provide the assessment centre at least a two (2) week window for them to prepare your assessment.
The course examination fees are not included in your course. Unfortunately, the venues do not allow tuition providers to pay for learners and request that a learner does so themselves. Because of the fluctuation of the exam costs (Rand-US Dollar exchange), we are unable to indicate accurate exam costs, so you will need to contact the venue to determine the costs.
You will be provided with the necessary study material so that you can prepare for your external exam. These exams are computer-based assessments and are held at a registered Certiport Assessment Centre. You will need to contact any one of the Certiport Solutions Providers to purchase your exam voucher. You can locate one closest to you here: http://www.certiport.com/Locator#.
Once you have located the Certiport Authorised Testing Centre (CATC) closest to you, you will need to contact them to purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam. Please ensure that your chosen centre is set up to administer your exam.
Once you have successfully completed the exam, your Certiport Testing Centre will provide you with an exam score report, which will also be available to you on your Certiport profile. You will then receive your MOS certification.
Accreditation InfoStatus: Accredited course Type & reward: Microsoft Office Specialist - Microsoft Certificate
Provided by: Microsoft
Minimum credits: N/A
College SA is a registered provider of Microsoft training programmes. Microsoft is an industry leader in technological development and is also the de facto standard world-wide. They offer internationally recognised information technology certifications which provide valuable knowledge to begin or expand a career in information technology and development. They continuously update and develop their study programmes to keep up with technological advances and they ensure that the exams are relevant to the IT industry. Microsoft certifications are sought after and trusted by employers and validates your knowledge of computer systems, security or software development.
- Grade 10
- Learners must be at least 16 years of age
- The ability to read and write English
- Access to a computer (PC or Mac)
- Access to the Internet
- Computer literate – familiar with operating a computer