Complete the form below and we will email you a brochure with detailed pricing.
One of our Education Planners will also phone you as soon as possible
What will you learn in this MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals course?
This certification ensures that you have the necessary skills to get the best introduction to the computer science field. You’ll be able to address a wide spectrum of basic technical concepts, assess and validate your core technical knowledge, and enhance your technical credibility.
In this module, you will gain knowledge of fundamental server administration concepts. It is recommended that candidates become familiar with the concepts and the technologies described here by taking relevant training courses.
Course Cost and Duration
At College SA we offer you the following ways in which you can pay for your studies:
- STUDY DURATION (3 MONTHS)
- THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE
- MONTHLY DEBIT ORDER
Total Price*A once-off R0.00 activation fee applies if you pay by debit order
What is included in the course fees?
Please, be aware that all course materials are only offered online. In other words, you will not be receiving any hard copies of the books and will need to access all the required content through your online classroom.
You will gain access to an online classroom where you’ll be able to find the following course content:
- A digital textbook (PDF) focused on all the content you’ll need to pass the exam successfully.
- Learning objectives and skills covered in each lesson.
- Key terms in a glossary for each lesson.
- A summary of what you will learn, as well as the important points for you to focus on.
- Practice files OR quizzes to go with the step-by-step exercises in your textbook.
- A PDF summary of everything you’ve covered in the textbook.
- A study guide and exercise files to help you with your exam prep.
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 100 GB minimum hard disk drive
- 1280 x 800 screen resolution
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 10 Server, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2. For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system
- Latest version of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge
- .NET 3.5 required. Some features may require .NET 4.0 or 4.5 CLR also to be installed
98-365: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
All of the software listed below is required for this course:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise – evaluation edition available as a free download from Microsoft’s website at
Note: Each of the student workstations can run either the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows, as long as the computer has the appropriate hardware for the operating system and you provide each workstation with the additional software it needs in the version for the appropriate platform.
Course Start Dates
With College SA you can start studying whenever you want, there are no specific course start dates since we offer distance learning. Please speak to our Educational Planners about your enrolment and study options.
None required, but it is recommended that you have a strong grounding in the Windows operating system.
To pass this course, you must write and pass Exam 98-365 Windows Server Administration Fundamentals (IT Infrastructure Path)
NOTE: THE MTA CERTIFICATION IS NOT REQUIRED TO PURSUE HIGHER TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATIONS LIKE THE MCSA, MCSD, OR MCSE.
All assessments are computer-based and, therefore, done online. You are required to find a venue (assessment information below), book an exam appointment, and pay for your online assessment. You will be required to provide the assessment centre at least a two (2) week window for them to prepare your assessment.
The course examination fees are not included in your course. Unfortunately, the venues do not allow tuition providers to pay for learners and request that a learner does so themselves. Because of the fluctuation of the exam costs (Rand-US Dollar exchange), we are unable to indicate accurate exam costs, so you will need to contact the venue to determine the costs.
You will be provided with the necessary study material so that you can prepare for your external exam. These exams are Computer-Based Assessments and are held at a registered Certiport Assessment Centre. You will need to contact any one of the Certiport Solutions Providers to purchase your exam voucher. You can locate one closest to you here: http://www.certiport.com/Locator#
Once you have located the Certiport Authorised Testing Centre (CATC) closest to you, you will need to contact them to purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam. Please ensure that your chosen centre is set up to administer your exam.
Once you have successfully completed the exam, your Certiport Testing Centre will provide you with an Exam Score report, which will also be available to you on your Certiport profile. You will then receive your Microsoft Certification.
Accreditation InfoStatus: Accredited course Type & reward: Microsoft Technology Associate - Microsoft Certificate (Microsoft Certificate)
Provided by: Microsoft
Minimum credits: N/A
College SA is a registered provider of Microsoft training programmes. Microsoft is an industry leader in technological development and is also the de facto standard world-wide. They offer internationally recognised information technology certifications which provide valuable knowledge to begin or expand a career in information technology and development. They continuously update and develop their study programmes to keep up with technological advances and they ensure that the exams are relevant to the IT industry. Microsoft certifications are sought after and trusted by employers and validates your knowledge of computer systems, security or software development.
- Grade 10
- Learners must be 16 years or older
- The ability to read and write in English
- Access to a computer
- Access to the internet
- Computer literacy