National Diploma in Financial Accounting
Course Code: C00826
You will be able to compile annual financial statements, register with SAIBA as an accounting officer (once you meet their requirements), and work with chartered accountants and auditors. You will gain a thorough understanding of accounting theory and practice, corporate strategy and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Monthly instalment option:
R1870 per month
- National diploma in technical financial accounting
Status: Accredited course
Type & reward: National diploma financial accounting - NQF level 6 (SAQA ID 20366)
Provided by: QCTO & ICB
Minimum credits: 280
What is included in the course fees?
- Text books and study material
- Courier fee
Textbook costs included!
Textbooks can be extremely expensive and some institutions do not include it in the course fee. Not at College SA! Our study material and textbooks are included in the total course price, so you do not have to worry about sourcing your own textbooks. We will send you all the necessary study material to complete the course.
Course subjects covered
- Corporate strategy
- Management accounting & control systems
- Financial reporting & regulatory framework
- Research theory & practice (dissertation)
Course starting dates
With College SA, you can start studying whenever you want: there are no specific course starting dates since we offer distance learning. Please speak to our educational planners about your enrolment and study options.
- 30% of your final mark comes from your coursework
- 70% of your final mark comes from the final exam
- You need at least 50% in the final exam to pass
- You need at least 60% overall to pass
Portfolio of Evidence:
You will receive your POE (Portfolio of Evidence) directly from the ICB offices only when you register for your exam. The PEO will consist of the assignments you have to do during your studies. When you register for your exams, take your POE with and once you’ve completed your exam and added it to the POE, you’re done!
Exams can be written in February, May, August and November each year.
- February 2023
- May 2023
- July 2023
- November 2023
(Please note that your exam fees are not included in the course fee and may be subject to change.)
- Annual student registration fee: R400.00
- Exam fee per subject: R730.00
- Exam late entry fee per subject: R550.00
- Exam postponement fee per subject: R300.00
- Exam re-mark & Examiners report: R1150.00
- Private invigilator admin fee (Prior approval required): R2000.00
Grade 9 passed, with Mathematics (40% and above) and Physical Science (30% and above)
Completion of bridging course (if you don’t have Grade 9 pass), with Mathematics (40% and above) and Physical Science (30% and above)
You must be at least
16 years old
The ability to read and
write in English
You will need access to the internet via a computer