Studying at College SA
College SA is a Private TVET College
College SA is one of many private colleges in South Africa. Here is what sets us apart from the rest:
- College SA is a private, TVET college, registered and accredited by a number of regulatory bodies
- We are provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). Registration number 2009/FE07/099
- We offer both accredited and non-accredited courses
- You do not need a Matric certificate to study with us
- We are a distance learning college; we DO NOT offer face-to-face classes
- You study from the comfort of your own home
- You can study full-time or part-time (work and study at the same time)
- We offer student support free of charge
- Our easy payment options suit almost any budget
- You can register whenever you want to, there are no registration cut-off dates
PLEASE NOTE: College SA does not offer bursaries or any other type of student funding. You can pay your studies upfront, in monthly instalments (interest-free), or per subject.
What does “private TVET- level college” mean?
A private TVET-level college is a learning institution that:
- Is owned by a private organisation or group.
- Is not subsidised by the government, which means that they don’t get government funding.
- Offers part-time and full-time learning programmes.
- Offers a range of occupational, vocational and artisan courses. This may or may not include accounting and bookkeeping, business, creative, computer and engineering courses.
- Offers further education by means of distance learning/correspondence learning.
Who accredits College SA?
We are registered and accredited by the following regulatory bodies:
- The Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB)
- The South African Board for People Practices (SABPP)
- The Chartered Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (CIMA)
What courses can I study at College SA?
- Accounting & Bookkeeping Courses (8 Accredited Courses)
- Beauty Therapy Courses
- Business Management & Office Administration Courses (9 Accredited Courses)
- Child Day Care Courses
- Computer Courses
- Events Management Courses
- Graphic Design, Web Design & Photography Courses
- Human Resource Management Courses (1 Accredited Course)
- Marketing Courses
- Occupational Health and Safety Courses
- Project Management Courses
- Secretarial & Personal Assistant Courses
- Supply Chain Courses
- Technical Courses (Motor Trade, Welding, Boilermaking, Electrical, Fitter & Turner) (15 Accredited Courses)
- Tourism Courses
- Workplace Skills Courses
What courses can I study without a Matric certificate?
We offer a range of courses, suitable for students and adults who did not pass Matric. We call these courses “provider programmes”. Provider programmes are non-accredited learning programmes that focus on equipping the student with a skillset required for a specific job. These programmes are not recognised by professional bodies or the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). However, these certificate programmes are valued by employers, add value to your CV and will enable you to apply for jobs.
These non-accredited courses have no exams and can be completed in as little as two months (the short courses). To study one of our provider programmes, you have to:
- Have a Grade 10 Certificate
- Have the ability to read and write in English
- Be at least 16 years of age
Where will I study?
College SA is a distance learning institution, which means that you do not attend classes. You study from home. We courier your study material to your door, and you work through your course material and assignments on your own. If this sounds daunting, don’t stress. We offer professional student support to all our students.
How can I pay for my studies?
At College SA we do not offer any form of financial aid or bursaries. We do however provide three flexible payment options that suit almost any budget. Our payment options include:
- Pay the full course fee upfront
- Pay your course off in monthly interest-free instalments
- Pay and study per subject
When do I register?
College SA is a distance learning college, which means that we do not have to worry about space. We can facilitate an unlimited number of students. For this reason, we do not have registration cut-off dates. You can enrol any day of the year. Our door is always open.
If you would like to know more about our services or courses, feel free to call us on 0861 663 663.
You can also verify College SA’s credentials by contacting the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) 0800 872 2222 or download the list of registered private colleges by clicking here.